Saskatchewan stabbings: What we know about the suspects

[ad_1]

One of the suspects wanted in a series of knife attacks in Saskatchewan that have killed 10 victims and injured 18 has been found dead, the RCMP said Monday.

Damien Sanderson, 31, and Myles Sanderson, 30, were wanted by Saskatchewan RCMP in connection with the attacks that took place in the James Smith Cree Nation and the neighboring village of Weldon on Sunday.

But at a news conference Monday afternoon, Sask said. RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore said forensic investigators found Damien Sanderson’s body at James Smith Cree Nation.

“We can confirm that he has visible injuries. These injuries are not currently believed to be self-inflicted,” Blackmore said.

Damien’s brother Myles Sanderson is still at large. He is expected to be injured and may be seeking medical attention, Blackmore said.

“Even though (Myles) is injured, that doesn’t mean he’s not still dangerous,” Blackmore said, warning civilians to be vigilant.

The Deputy Commissioner said Myles had a “long criminal record involving both personal and property crimes”.

On Monday morning, RCMP announced charges against both suspects. Myles is charged with triple murder, attempted murder and burglary. Damien was charged with first degree murder, attempted murder and burglary.

Police describe Myles as six feet and one inch tall, weighing 240 pounds and with black hair and brown eyes.

The pair were last seen in Regina on Monday morning and were last known to be traveling in a black Nissan Rogue, license plate 119 MPI. During a news conference on Sunday, Commanding Officer Rhonda Blackmore said they were unsure if the suspects had changed vehicles since then and their direction of travel was unknown.

A Dangerous Persons Alert first broadcast in Saskatchewan has been expanded to include Alberta and Manitoba as the manhunt continues.

The motive behind the stabbings remains unknown, but RCMP believes some of the victims were attacked by the suspects, while others were attacked indiscriminately.

in one Video Regina Police Service Chief Evan Bray, who was posted to Twitter Monday morning, said both the RCMP and the Regina Police Service are making efforts to find the suspects.

“We will not stop this investigation until we have safely taken these two into custody,” he said in the video.

Although the suspect is believed to be armed and dangerous and should not be approached if seen, Bray says anyone with information about his whereabouts should notify police immediately.

“We are confident that someone out there knows the whereabouts of these two and has information that would be valuable to police. I urge you to contact your local police station to let us know,” he said.

Anyone encountering the suspects is asked to call 911 and leave the area immediately.


Featuring files from CTV News Regina, The Canadian Press and Rhythm Sachdeva from CTVNews.ca



[ad_2]

Read Also :

US News